WHAT IT IS
*Digital activities for your math class
*Four function and scientific online calculator
Desmos wants to help every student learn math and love learning math. But “every student” is a lot of students so we create digital math tools and let the internet take them to anyone who wants them.
IN MY CLASSROOM
I use the Desmos activities for ALL of our daily class work. Teachers can use existing Desmos activities or create their own.
I use the website and have the kids sign in with Google. We did not download the app.
Students can use tablets, phones or computers.
WHEN IT IS BETTER THAN PAPER
1. Seeing each student's work quickly and their progress during class while they are working on it.
2. Click on an individual question and see all of the student answers to the questions.
3. Overlaying all of the student graphs at once.
4. Use teacher pacing to move students to one slide or pause the activity to get their attention.
5. Adding in videos, sliding graphs, photos and other media to an activity you create.
6. Adding in a multiple choice questions for a quick check for understanding during the activity.
7. Student can write or draw just like on paper (with tablets and fingers) and everything is instantly saved in their account.
8. For group work you can quickly see online when students are working ahead or behind their team members.
San Francisco Unified School District Desmos Activities
Examples from my classroom
Ask in the comment section below!